We receive funding from:
PUPIL PREMIUM FUNDING
The pupil premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers.
Pupil premium funding is available to:
- local authority maintained schools, including special schools and pupil referral units (PRUs)
- voluntary-sector alternative provision (AP), with local authority agreement
- special schools not maintained by the local authority (NMSS)
- academies and free schools, including special and AP academies
For more details of our pupil premium funding awards please click here.
YEAR 7 CATCH-UP PREMIUM
The Year 7 literacy and numeracy catch-up premium has been offered by the Government to give schools additional funding to support those year 7 pupils who did not achieve at least level 4 in reading and/or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).The purpose of this funding is to enable Burnage Academy for Boys to deliver additional help, such as intensive support in small groups, for those pupils who need it.
The premium is spent in a variety of ways, including:
- Small group and one to one tuition provided by Teaching Assistants to support learning
- Resources to support learning
- In-class support for literacy and numeracy across the curriculum
- Increased support in Y7 maths and English lessons
- Reading Interventions including the Dockside Reading Scheme for struggling readers; corrective reading – Decoding; corrective reading – Comprehension
- Accelerated Reader programme
- Staff training on identified interventions
- For more information on Year 7 Catch-Up Premium please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/year-7-literacy-and-numeracy-catch-up-premium-guide-for-schools
For more details of our Year 7 Catch-Up Premium funding awards please click here.
GOVERNORS TRUSTEES REPORTS AND FINANCIAL STATEMENTS
The Trustees’ Latest Report and Audited Accounts can be accessed from the link below:
Trustees Report 2021
Trustees Report 2020
Trustees Report 2019
Trustees Report 2018
Trustees Report 2017
Trustees Report 2016
Files will open in browser and can be saved for offline reading.
Executive Pay & Benefits Statement
Article Of Association
Summer School Funding, Expenditure and Impact Report
For information on Governors’ attendance records and roles, please see our Governors Page
To contact the Trust, please email Alan Scott (Chair of Governors) via our office email: email@example.com