Burnage Academy for Boys is a hard-working and energetic school, and we are currently at a particularly exciting point in our history.
Thank you for expressing an interest in joining our team. We are proud to be able to say that boys in 2022 achieved higher grades here than they would have at any other school in the North of England, and we were judged 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2018.
We recognise that these successes are due to the care and diligence shown by staff.
In order to maintain these high standards it is important to nurture a supportive team right across the school, helping colleagues to deliver the highest quality education for our pupils.
Working in education is incredibly rewarding. Many of the benefits of a career in the sector cannot be measured, such as the satisfaction of helping a pupil reach their potential, or the pride in being part of a strong team that consistently goes the extra mile. However, we recognise that it is not without challenge, and staff wellbeing is incredibly important to us at Burnage Academy for Boys. Staff here enjoy a range of benefits, including:
- Wellbeing days (one per term for teachers) in order to support staff mental health and work life balance.
- Access to counselling, financial, legal and personal advice provided through either our free Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, including confidential 24-hour support.
- Supportive appraisal process, led by the appraisee and CPD-focused.
- A comprehensive in-school mentoring programme for PGCE, ITT and ECTs.
- Access to final salary pension scheme.
- All Staff Christmas Shopping Day.
- EV Car Leasing and Cycle to Work schemes, through a salary sacrifice programme.
- Access to BAFB Employee Benefits Platform, giving discount at a range of shops and supermarkets (both online and in-store).
- Discounted gym memberships.
"...members of staff who shared their opinions with inspectors indicated that their morale is high." (Ofsted, 2018)
What colleagues say
We care about our team and carry out regular staff surveys to collect feedback on wellbeing with an aim to continually improve our offer dependent on the needs of the workforce.
What does the school do well to help you manage the demands of your job role?
“Leadership and staff are very supportive of my personal needs.”
“Emotional support is great when you need it. Work life balance is also understood well.”
“I know I can always turn to either my line managers or senior leadership for support... I feel appreciated and it helps me keep a positive attitude.”
“The school provides a variety of resources and good facilities to help with the demands of the job.”
“Everybody is incredibly supportive, I never really feel like I'm on my own.”
“My line manager is very approachable and supportive.”
Please see our current vacancies below:
No current vacancies.