We encourage all parents/carers to check if their child is entitled to free school meals. Being registered for free school meals benefits the student and the school.
In the past Manchester City Council have been able to tell us which students are entitled to free school meals (FSM) based who receives benefits such as housing benefit.
However, from 11th of June 2018 they will no longer be able to do this because the introduction of Universal Credit means that people will no longer claim these benefits.
We need to know which of our pupils are entitled to FSM (Free School Meals), not only so that we can provide your child with a lunch free of charge, but also because the school will receive additional funding, which we use to support your child’s education and ensure that they reach their full potential.
We recommend you apply if you meet any of the following criteria:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Please check your eligibility online at https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims/
For information on claiming free school meals during lockdown, please click here
If you have any queries please contact the school, we will happily assist you.