We are committed to making the transition experience a happy one for students and parents. Throughout the school year we maintain regular contact with the feeder primaries. Examples of this contact include:
- Visits to Primary School by Burnage staff.
- Transition visits over the Summer Term to collect information about students who are going to come to us.
- Individual visits arranged for parents who have queries or who want to look around the school.
- Children from Primaries coming to Burnage for a variety of activities eg Drama, Cooking, PE.
- Two taster days for Year 6 children.
- One taster day for Year 5 children.
- An open day for parents in the Autumn term.
In addition to the above, the KS2-KS3 Transition co-ordinator Ms Doyle maintains an overview of Year 7 students, providing an additional level of Pastoral Support during students’ first year at secondary school.