Letter sent: 27th August 2020
I write to inform you about the transport and attendance arrangements at the school from September 2020.
After such a prolonged absence from school, it is vital that your child’s attendance is as high as possible from this point to ensure his progress.
To support this, I can assure you that the school has taken significant steps over the past few months to safeguard your child at Burnage Academy for Boys, details of which have been sent in previous letters – please see our Letters home section and our Covid-19
You will appreciate that this guidance has only been released yesterday and may change again; if it does, we will communicate further.
To support the return to school, I have outlined the times for year groups to return below:
- Y7: Friday, 4th September
- Y8: Wednesday, 9th September
- Y9: Tuesday, 8th September
- Y10: Monday, 7th September
- Y11: Friday, 4th September
- Y7 should arrive by 9.15am and Y11 should arrive by 10.45am on Friday, 4th September.
- On all other days, Y11 must arrive by 09.15am.
- All other year groups need to arrive by 9.15am on their specified return date.
In addition to this, please the following information to help your child returning to school (click the link, the document will open in a new window and you can download the file by clicking ‘save’):
After such a long time away from regular schooling, I want to take this opportunity to say how much we as a staff are looking forward to working with you and your child again and assure you that the school will continue to work together with you to ensure that your child continues to receive the outstanding education he deserves at Burnage Academy for Boys.
Download this letter