Sporting Heritage Network has asked Burnage Academy for Boys for help. So far the network has mapped where thousands of key sporting history collections are stored across the country.
They want to find out what sporting objects, collections or stories would you most like to see and find out about? For example.
- Would you like to find out about where cricket collections are kept?
- Are you interested to see more disability sporting collections?
- Are you involved in amateur or youth sports and keen to see objects from these histories?
- Maybe you have a favourite sportsperson who you’d like to see share their own sporting collections?
- Would you like to see stories of BAME involvement in British sports?
If you do, make a short, selfie-style video of yourself, starting with the words ‘I’d like to see…’. You can be in your sports kit, holding your own medals or programmes, or even performing a sporting move! Send this clip to Mr Aspinall at firstname.lastname@example.org to see yourself in the campaign video!
Follow the project on Twitter @sportinghistory with the hashtags #yoursportingstory and #iwouldliketosee on the Sporting Heritage YouTube Channel to see which sports stories are brought to light over the coming months.
Mr Aspinall has posted his own request to get the ball rolling. What would you like to see?