Year 7 Catch-Up Premium
The Year 7 literacy and numeracy catch-up premium has been offered by the Government to give schools additional funding to support those year 7 pupils who did not achieve at least level 4 in reading and/or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).
The purpose of this funding is to enable Burnage Academy for Boys to deliver additional help, such as intensive support in small groups, for those pupils who need it.
The premium is spent in a variety of ways, including:
- Small group and one to one tuition provided by Teaching Assistants to support learning
- Resources to support learning
- In-class support for literacy and numeracy across the curriculum
- Increased support in Y7 maths and English lessons
- Reading Interventions including the Dockside Reading Scheme for struggling readers; corrective reading - Decoding; corrective reading - Comprehension
- Accelerated Reader programme
- Staff training on identified interventions
For more information on Year 7 Catch-Up Premium please see https://www.gov.uk/guidance/year-7-literacy-and-numeracy-catch-up-premium-guide-for-schools